The Summer of 2017 where it all began...
- At Vipaji Nursery School & Daycare Center
- Happy Teeth Center ( Dental Hygiene room) constructed
- 4 sinks installed at the Center
- 2 in Happy Teeth Center
- Chicken coop constructed for food and capital opportunities.
- 15 new mattresses for nap time
- School van windshield and transmission replaced
- Outdoor kitchen constructed
- Back salary paid for nannies/staff
- New drinking water system initiated (Boiled water and personal bottles for each child)
- Nursery school curriculum revamped and revised- taught classes daily, incorporating crafts and fun.
- Community meetings with mothers to discuss healthy eating and discipline techniques
- Center stocked with school supplies, lesson plans, and toys
- 60 toddler shoes purchased and delivered to Cradle of Love baby orphanage
- Refrigerator purchased and breast pump provided to single mother of premature triplets
- Playground constructed and installed at Vipaji Nursery School Center
- Sponsored the formal education of the school’s one teacher (She will complete her certificate program in Early Childhood Education in July-yay!)
- Initiated the Mind Investor sponsorship program and the first five children are now enrolled at private schools.
- Bus purchased and outfitted for Vipaji Daycare Center
- Education sponsorship renewed for five children
- Madam Rachel (past sponsorship recipient) finished certificate program and is now officially certified in Childhood Education
- 4 new students added to our Mind Investor Program!
- Tanga Wheelchair Initiative: 10 wheelchairs hand-constructed in Moshi and delivered to 10 paraplegic children at Kwamkono Disabled Center in Tanga.
- Cow purchased for one of our Mind Investor student’s family to provide milk for the family’s nutrition and also to act as secondary income with selling of surplus milk.
- Alex, one of our Mind Investor Program students, graduated from Arusha Wisdom College with a certificate in Tour Guiding Management!
Potential Future Goals:
-Infant/Toddler classroom & bathroom construction: Building a new classroom for children aged 0-4 at the center.
- Partnering with the refugee camp in Kigoma, Tanzania to brighten the lives of the children there.
-Expanding the Mind Investor Program to more children and areas.
-Projects to make the Kwamkono Disabled Center more handicap accessible for the students there.
More mattresses/bed covers for nap time
More chickens for the chicken coop
Be an agent of change and donate today!
Thank you so much in advance from the bottom of our heart! Because of your donations last year so much was accomplished! Together, let's do even more this summer.